Welcome to Fit4Dance!
We’re so excited to have you dancing with us! Here are some ways to make your experience the best that it can be.
F4D Studio Logistics
· For the safety of our students, dancers should be picked up and dropped off inside the studio. Dancers will only be released once a parent signs them out. Dancers may not leave the studio without an adult unless they have permission.
· Parents should be prepared to drop off their children and arrive on time to pick up their children. Parents are NOT allowed in the dance studio during classes. NO EXCEPTIONS. If seating in the reception area is full, parents, siblings, anyone not registered for class will not be allowed to stay in the dance area. No one is allowed to sit on the floor.
· Please arrive on time for class. Dancers that arrive 30 minutes or later will be required to watch class and not able to participate. Arriving late to a class will not constitute a make up class.
· Dancers should be ready to start dancing at the time their class starts. This means they have their shoes on, hair ready and are inside the studio. Space to change is limited at the studio so it’s best to arrive prepared. If your dancer needs to change at the studio, please allow ample time.
· Please put your child’s name on all dance items, especially shoes.
· The lost and found box is located in the reception area - check it often.
· Leave valuable items at home - Fit4Dance is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Dress Code (click to see dress code style guides)
· A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance. Please adhere to the policies listed in the dress code style guides.
· Teachers must be able to see the dancer's body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc..
· Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking and appearance.
Make Up Classes
· If a student who has paid in full or is on scholarship misses a class, he or she is able to make it up in another class appropriate for their age and level. All make-ups must be completed before the end of the current session.
· If classes are canceled due to inclement weather, Fit4Dance will post an announcement on their website and social media pages. An email blast will also be sent out. Fit4Dance does not schedule make-up classes if we have to cancel due to weather-related conditions. Students are welcome to attend another class on our schedule as a make-up for the canceled class.
· Classes not meeting minimum enrollment will be canceled or combined with another class.
· Fit4Dance teachers are required to wait 15 minutes before canceling a class where no students have shown.
Discounts & Trial Classes
· Students who register for more than one class in a semester will receive a 5% discount.
· Families with multiple children enrolled in semester classes receive a 5% discount.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
· Tuition is refundable within the first 6 weeks of the semester, less a $15 processing fee, the pro-rated cost of classes taken (whether attended or not), and any applied discounts. To withdraw from a class, please contact Laci Chisholm email@example.com.
Additional Information Regarding Children Classes
· At least one observation day will take place halfway through a session. Friends and family may watch classes during these designated times.
· Please do not leave small children unattended in the reception area. If you leave during your child’s class, please return at least 5 minutes before the class is dismissed.
· Answers to many common questions can be found on the website including important updates, the dress code and the studio calendar.
· Fit4Dance is also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fit4dancenyc. We update our page often - information on studio closures, special promotions and studio news will be shared there.
· Make sure Fit4Dance has the correct contact information for your family. Update your e-mail address at the front desk. All of our important announcement and tuition notices will be sent through email.
· If you have questions for your dancer’s teacher, please send an email to the front desk at INFO@FIT4DANCENYC.COM to get connected. Our classes run on a tight timeline; teachers normally won’t have time to answer questions or address issues between classes. We recommend you set up a meeting with your teacher and our director so that we can personally address any concerns you may have.
· As always, if you have any questions or needs, please let us know. The best way to contact is via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call 347.921.2404.