The Business Outreach Center stopped by Fit4Dance to speak with Laci about her journey to transitioning to having her own location and took a Zumba class in the process! Laci began working with the WBC over a year ago receiving business counseling, attending WBC workshops and as a participant in the WBC Brooklyn Business Mentoring Program, where she was paired with the owner of WMA Karate Tae Kwon Do who has a studio on Atlantic Avenue. Read more here!
F4D: Fitness for the Dancer in YOU!
Thanks to a client referral, LaShawn Jones facilitated dance fitness classes for 160 students at a Summer Advantage program in Riverdale. The students ranged from kindergarten through 6th grade and they had a blast moving their bodies and dancing to the beat. By the end of the class, they didn't want to leave!
Summer Advantage USA partners with schools and school districts to provide scientifically proven, cost efficient summer learning programs with the following core elements:
- Maximizing Learning Time: Program typically operates 6.5 hours per day, 5 days per week, for 5 weeks, with programs varying in length across communities.
- Outstanding Instruction and Mentoring: Classes led by highly qualified certified teachers and college students teacher’s assistants (2 staff-to-24 scholars in each class).
- Parental Involvement: Parent/teacher meetings, workshops, and involvement in field trips and other activities.
- Skill-based Curricula: Research based, culturally sensitive curricula is aligned with state and national learning standards.
- Fun Activities: Enrichment activities including art, music, drama, gym, field trips, and service projects.
- Rigorous Evaluation: Standardized pre- and post-tests.
- 8:30 – 9:00 - Breakfast and Community Time
- 9:00 – 12:00 - Literacy and Math
- 12:00 – 1:00 - Lunch and Recess
- 1:00 – 3:00 - Enrichment Activities such as art, music and gym
- 3:00 - Program Ends
- 8:30 – 3:00 - Field Trips, Inspirational Guest Speakers, and Other Activities
For more information, visit http://summeradvantage.org.